National Poetry Month 2020 Day 27: “Things” & “Poetry Practice”

Books, Notepad, Pen, Education, Notebook

National Poetry Month is nearly over, but poetry will continue to be a part of my life every month. I hope
you’ll join me in a poetic odyssey of your own :)


Things
by Eloise Greenfield


Went to the corner
Walking in the store
Bought me some candy
Ain’t got it no more
Ain’t got it no more
Went to the beach
Played on the shore
Built me a sandhouse
Ain’t got it no more
Ain’t got it no more
Went to the kitchen
Lay down on the floor
Made me a poem
Still got it
Still got it 


Poetry Practice
by Blythe Stephens


Poetry is a lot like dance
Or I guess any art
It’s going to be crap
Until you’ve done a crapload of it
So might as well start now
(thanks, Ira Glass!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Introduction to Germany and Move to Cologne, part 1

National Poetry Month 2020 Day 22: Innocence & Impulse

Haiku 2021 Part 40, #276-82