2021 Haiku Challenge Part 1, #1-8

Having created a new blog along with my shiny new website last year that's all about topics of dance, yoga, and ontological coaching, it seems fitting that I return to this blog as a hub and catalyst for my poetry passion.

Inspired by an article about a pair of friends who write and send each other a Haiku poem each day, I toyed with the idea of writing such a tiny poem daily this year. Then, I just started doing it. 

So here is my first week of 2021 so far, in Haiku:

1.1

She sits on the shelf
Languidly cleaning herself
my floofiest elf

2.1

Want to write a book
let inspiration fill me
then share it widely

3.1

Find the ones meant to
join with me, together we
set another free

4.1

Oh Prismacolor
how gorgeous are your pencils,
juicy are their shades

5.1

My wrinkles deepen
eyes laboring to express
smiles, all emotions

6.1 

Marco, we miss you
cheeky, flambuoyant, so fierce
fangs cackling beyond

7.1

Fat snow flakes falling
on trees, your golden crown'd grave,
rainbow family

8.1

Unbelievable
treason and insurrection
yet, better believe


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

National Poetry Month 2020 Day 22: Innocence & Impulse

My Introduction to Germany and Move to Cologne, part 1

Pointe Shoes Poem