Friday the 13th Habits Check-In

Somehow Friday the 13th has always been a positive, good-luck day for me. Maybe it’s my
anti-superstitious, contrary nature, but I find that good things tend to come on this day. Well,
and most days, since I’m also positive by default. But this blog is to uphold my commitment to
checking in weekly on my habits and adventures. 
How are my habits going? I have tried various methods of tracking this year, including hard copies (pictured) as well as the Coach.me app for a few months, which was convenient, but not as motivating for me. 
What I know about making commitments is that life has a way of jumping up to interrupt. In this case, there was the bicycle tour that I was so looking forward to over the weekend, and after that I came up with a cold and then started up with my German course (more on that soon!) as well as my teaching schedule. So a look at my visual tracker is a peek at a profoundly human experience. It isn’t perfect! But it’s still motivating me to get back on track, and to keep on beginning again.
I recently watched a video by Matt D’Avella, one of my favorite YouTube creators, which was
called “The 2 Day Rule.” Essentially, he vows not to miss two days in a row when it comes to
habit establishment. Because we’re bound to miss a day now and then, but the key is to not let
that derail the cumulative benefit of these habits altogether. As long as we are practicing at
least every other day, we’ll still reap great rewards. Consistency, not perfection.

Thus, I forgive myself for an imperfect record on my habits and goals, but strive to do
my best under the circumstances that come my way. In this way, I keep moving towards my
goals and I am seeing progress throughout the year. 
Today has been lovely and productive, wishing you a good one as well!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Introduction to Germany and Move to Cologne, part 1

National Poetry Month 2020 Day 22: Innocence & Impulse

Haiku 2021 Part 52, #360-5