Visions and reflections 2004-2011

The fireworks have burst, champagne corks popped, folks resolved to make exciting changes in their lives… and I have reflected, envisioned, committed, and eaten my black eyed peas.

What does your New Year process look like?

This New Year, I took stock of the last year’s accomplishments and challenges in creating my vision and practices for the future, as well as a bit further back, reading through old journals and notes back to 2004. 2010 was one of my most eventful and challenging yet, and in some areas I have been disappointed with my progress. Happily, taking just a slightly longer view revealed that I have been moving on an upward spiral towards my dreams, even with the tough times of life along the way, and some out and out failures! I continue to get more clear about what I want, and move step by step, of course stumbling and trying again, toward it.

Here are some particularly relevant bits of my reflections and milestones over the last 7 years:

February 2004- “I feel a calling in some way or another, to help others appreciate the lives that they have and to celebrate and cherish this world.”

October 2007- “I found a job that I really enjoy and leads in a direction that makes sense for me long term... I think eventually Life Coaching is what I’d like to do, even working for myself. More exploration to do.”

February 2008-
“Finding career development to be a focus of the year… doing an independent, certified coach training program is the next step, so I am researching. Sat down with Wendy Hupperich the other weekend and learned a lot about the business, her training (Accomplishment Coaching), and various schools of thought.”

May 2008- Enrolled in Accomplishment Coaching CTP

September 2008- InsideTrack Master Coach Certification

October 2008- Got business license, set up shop

January 2009-
“Looking forward to more dancing, balancing coaching work, service, creativity, community, relationship, and spiritual growth."

June 2009- Became Accomplishment Coaching Support Coach for Seattle CTP
“My commitment, this and every year, is to fully experience and celebrate my life, move into my power and influence and creativity, to share my love, and be an unreasonable support to those who come along for the ride with me. Who’s in?”

September 2009- Transitioned accounts at InsideTrack, in order to move from full to half-time with the company and develop my outside projects.

October 2009- Co-facilitated Accomplishment Coaching Power Tools for Living Workshop in Portland

December 2009-
“Ideas for 2010 Projects
* Create and perform choreography for Playlist Project
* 4-5 pieces added to repertory
* Perform a couple times a month, rehearse weekly…”

January 2010-
“But what do I believe?
Joy and celebrating existence
Peace, respect, human dignity
Compassion and gentleness
Humor and hilarity
Everything is connected and whole
We cannot rationally ever comprehend the greatness of what is
Since we can’t truly know what is “next” after our life ends (or anything about the future), the responsibility is to create what we’re here for, now
We have a purpose
Love
It is all a process”

That same month I was hit by a truck while crossing the street, and presented “Broadway Can Can,” as guest choreographer at the Ballroom Dance Company’s “On Broadway” Showcase.

May 2010- Presented two new pieces of choreography at the annual Dance Coalition of Oregon Blue Sky Choreographers Series

July 2010- Left InsideTrack, embarked on a summer of travel (OR, CA, Peru) and independent work as a coach and educator, as well as dancer with The Dolly Pops.

This fall I have been engaged in a range of projects, including regular performances with my dance troupe, new pieces of choreography underway, teaching ballet and dance appreciation, leadership with the Dance Coalition of Oregon, and continuing to coach private clients.

There are still plenty of gaps that I’ve identified between where I am now and what I’ll be creating this year and onward, but it’s very motivating to note my progress. Take a moment to check in on your clarity about what you want to create and where you are on the path, do what it takes to get inspired (you’ll find more ideas about that forthcoming on my blog), and take action!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Introduction to Germany and Move to Cologne, part 1

National Poetry Month 2020 Day 22: Innocence & Impulse

Haiku 2021 Part 52, #360-5