Today’s National Poetry Month blog is brought to you by the will to keep going, to hang in there through the challenges and obstacles and opposition that life inevitably brings. Wishing you strength and persistence and ultimate triumph! Other Galaxies By David D. Horowitz Admire twilight’s salmon-ruby mist, Stars’ silver scatter, turquoise-gray dawn; Recall at noon other galaxies exist As human pettiness smirks and smatters And self-importance boasts and chatters. Let them. Persist with your work, until it’s done. We all make mistakes, and here’s a meditation on a hard time I faced many years ago. Learning by doing By Blythe Stephens They say failure is a powerful tool— Well good thing I think, as I sit, sketching away madly with a mind That won’t design And a hand That wouldn’t obey it anyway Eyes crossing As I gaze at you Whom I betrayed Yet still love My head aches Hands are soiled I try to erase, but the penci...
Comments
Post a Comment