About Blythe


Mission and Personal Vision

Blythe is the proper noun usage of “blithe”, which is a quality I seek to bring to all the interactions in my life.  It means joyous, merry, gay in disposition, glad, cheerful and carefree.  Negatively interpreted, it can also mean without thought or regard or heedless- I don’t own that interpretation, but it reminds me to be balanced and keep perspective.  My perspective, both positive and balanced, is invaluable in supporting clients through life transitions and generating the life of their dreams. 

In my coaching, I don’t believe that there is anything “wrong” to be fixed, but that we do need to know what is so in order to create something new.  The finest leaders and human beings I know are both powerful and able to gracefully own their challenges and foibles, taking full responsibility and empowering themselves to choose what is next.  It is beautiful to behold, folks out there living their purpose and making a difference!

My purpose is joy.  I don’t mean a saccharine or artificial kind of happiness, but that I am buoyant, living a life that brings me delight, sharing love, and uplifting others through my coaching.   In particular, I partner with women living with Fibromyalgia and fatigue, career changers, retirees, and people in transition to create inspired, extraordinary lives.


Biography

I spent my childhood in Kailua-Kona on the Big Island of Hawai’i where I still have the pleasure of visiting my parents.  I trained and performed as a classical ballet dancer and got my diploma in ballet from the University of North Carolina School of the Arts before earning my B.A. in philosophy from Whitman College.  I now live in Portland, Oregon, the city of my birth, and a wonderful spot for living intentionally, sustainably, and creatively. 

I am passionate about education and meaningful work, so aside from dancing, in my professional career I have worked with students of all ages as they navigate the challenges of enrolling and succeeding in school and life as an admissions officer and enrollment coach.  I have achieved the Master level of coaching certification with InsideTrack and am moving towards certification through the International Coach Federation, having completed the Coaches Training Program with Accomplishment Coaching. 

Accomplishment Coaching

I am now an affiliate because I align with Accomplishment Coaching’s mission and philosophy, and they provide me with administrative support.  I also serve as a support coach for the Seattle I program, where I engage in ongoing training, growth, and development.

Accomplishment Coaching’s core values:

Possibility is all that can be.  There is possibility beyond what seems reasonable, predictable, comfortable, or attainable.
Responsibility: Being responsible leaves people at the source of their lives, at choice, and able to act effectively.
Integrity and Well-Being are the foundation to having a life or business that works.  Fundamental to integrity are completion and authenticity.  Fundamental to well-being is self-care.
Essence: People have a pure, essential nature.  Operating from this place, people create extraordinary relationships and unprecedented results in their lives.
Love is what exists naturally within and between people.  Removing the barriers to the experience of this love profoundly alters the quality of people’s lives.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Introduction to Germany and Move to Cologne, part 1

National Poetry Month 2020 Day 22: Innocence & Impulse

Haiku 2021 Part 52, #360-5